HSE Manager is responsible for the identification, establishment, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of appropriate HSE Management System for the Company.
HSE Manager will directly contribute to the creation of world-class safety security and assist in the reduction of the environmental impacts of operations. Responsible for HSE Risk Management, HSE Performance Management, and HSE Accident/Incident Management. HSE Manager will manage day-to-day activities of the HSE team, ensuring teamwork, high-performance standards are met targets.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of HSE policies, rules and procedures which will enable the Company to comply with the RSA and Azerbaijan Legislation and Partner specifications of HSE performance standards, for Management review, signature, and implementation;
- Ensure development of a yearly HSE work plan and budget as well as establish HSE objectives, develop programs, and monitor performance indicators;
- Organize the HSE training plan for the employees and supervise the implementation;
- Organize the hazard identification, risk assessment, and ensure that control measures are implemented;
- Manage the HSE work in the operation, production, and office work;
- Organize or participate in the HSE accident or incident investigation and reporting;
- Carry out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans;
- Organize the HSE Management System audit for the company and contractors;
- Prepare and review relevant HSE Reports for management presentation as required;
- Review the emergency response plan and the drill plan, and organize the Emergency Response Plan drill;
- Review the HSE requirements in the contracts and participate in the contractor’s evaluation;
- Reinforce organizational culture and values (Excellence, Entrepreneurial spirit, Professionalism, Sustainability, Integrity);
- Perform other HSE-related duties assigned by General Manager;
- Participate in HAZOP meetings prior to procurement and installation activities.
Required experience and skills:
- Advanced ability to coordinate responses to HSE breaches and threats;
- Sound multi-functional stakeholder management and engagement abilities;
- Ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization;
- Hazard identification skills with ability of recommending the appropriate corrective actions;
- Excellent leadership skills with a demonstrated record of success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems, (NEBOSH diploma is advantage);
- 8 or above years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environment and Fire Services in hydrocarbon processing plant, of which 4 years should be in a supervisory capacity;
- Working knowledge of OH&S System, Environmental Management System, Quality Management System in accordance with ISO standards (ISO 14001: ISO 45001 and ISO 9001, etc.);
- Knowledge of accident prevention, safety and insurance inspections, safety equipment, fire prevention and control, first aid (CPR) and drivers’ education;
- Proficiency in written and verbal Azerbaijan and English languages (Russian language is advantage).
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Industry: Oil and Gas
Please send your CV / Resume indicating the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.
All inquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.