Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The work tasks will be engineering installation activities in support of O&G and renewables projects performed with Oceaneering’s Offshore Projects Group (OPG).
Typical work scopes will include, but not be limited to, installations, light construction, diving and inspection, maintenance, and repair (IMR) work scopes. Engineering will be conducted from the United Kingdom or Norway based office with short term deployment to EMEA to support projects as required. The Senior Project Engineer responsibilities will include technical evaluations, writing/reviewing detailed technical reports and procedures, conceptual engineering, and oversight of work performed by Installation Engineers. The Senior Project Engineer will report to the Installation Engineering Manager in Norway.
• Carry out tasks as assigned by the Installation Engineering Manager or by the project organization you are assigned to.
• Work closely with Project Manager(s) and International Business Unit Leader to ensure all project objectives, schedule, deliverables, and milestones are met.
• Responsible for creating and reviewing installation engineering procedures and specifications for compliance with design principles, applicable standards, and customer requirements.
• Mobilization and installation procedures.
• Participate in tenders with preparation of method statements.
• Lift rigging design and calculations.
• Review and follow up of engineering calculations
• Interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
• Perform non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of OPG projects and subcontractors.
• Ability to work onshore and offshore.
• Review product designs, conduct and attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
• This position may have supervisory responsibilities in projects.
• Some work and travel in EMEA, both onshore and offshore, can be expected.
• Bachelor's Degree and/or Master Degree in Engineering (Structural, Mechanical, Civil or Naval Engineering)
• Extensive, relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Math CAD, Excel, Word, AutoCAD.
• Ability to travel internationally for work scopes
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid passport
Must be able to obtain:
• Seamen’s book
• Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
• Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
• Experience with vessel mobilizations and offshore installation of subsea structures, hardware and umbilical/flowline using ROV/divers
• Experience with inspection work, flying lead installations, tie in operations, valve operations, spool installations, decommissioning experience, commissioning testing etc.
• Prior experience working Internationalily