Who We Are Looking For?
Wells Project Engineer is responsible for managing the delivery of projects by BP’s designated engineering subcontractor. Management includes overseeing the technical, financial, procurement, construction, and handover deliverables by the engineering subcontractor.
*Work pattern: Rotational - 4*4
• Review and verify all EQs to ensure that appropriate Category Criteria have been met, suitable supporting documentation and justification have been provided along with an assessment of benefit to the business
• Review and Approve Engineering Contractor EQ Response, Project Proposal, and Orders of Magnitude (OoM) Cost at the project sanction stage.
• Manage the engineering contractor in relation to each individual project cost, schedule, and technical delivery Assist in the establishment and monitoring of performance management metrics for site OCT infrastructure.
• Develop scope of work packages and manage technical responses throughout the bid process
• Keep AGT Wells Rig Engineering Manager and others routinely informed of job status and all developments that impact schedule, safety, and reputation through regular reports.
• Manage project priorities across all assets
• Provide Interface and support Rig Engineers and act as BP SPA for Rig 5/10 yearly Re-certification shutdowns.
•Review Engineering contractor monthly cost reports to monitor project spend
• Act as BP Rig Engineering Technical representation throughout What-if and MOC Process
• Technically review all contractor documentation such as Survey Reports, Technical Notes, Study Reports, and Work packs.
• Manage distribution and comments for all documentation within the company and BP Wells Team.
• Manage the interface between BP Technical Authorities and the Engineering contractor
• Manage the project planning and execution interface between engineering contractor, Wells Operations and Wells planning
• Monitor wells schedules and arrange POB for execution of projects
• Manage the technical evaluation and deviation requests for any exceptions to the STP’s.
• Manage the interface between Integrity and engineering contractors through EQ development and integrity project execution.
Key Skills & Experience/Certification
• Preferably Degree qualified. Min HNC (or Equivalent) in relevant discipline
•Minimum of 10 years managing design engineering projects.
•8-years’ experience in brownfield drilling engineering upgrades and modifications
• A well-presented and articulate individual with a proven ability to manage multi-discipline engineering projects.
• Project Management experience is preferential.
What We Offer
• Competitive Pay & Benefits package
• Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
• Global Opportunities
*Please note that if your legal right to work in Azerbaijan is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in Azerbaijan then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
With over 130 years of experience, KCA Deutag is a leading drilling, engineering and technology company working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 110 drilling rigs in 20 countries, either directly or through our affiliates, employing people in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea and Canada. KCA Deutag consists of our business units: Land, Offshore and Kenera. Land and Offshore are our operational divisions delivering safe, effective, trouble-free operations across 20 countries. Kenera brings together our design and engineering specialists, RDS and land rig and oilfield equipment manufacturer, Bentec under one business unit. Kenera was established to expand our offering in both hydrocarbons and energy transition markets, with three dedicated segments covering innovative services, technology and engineering, and manufacturing.